Monday, April 28, 2014

Pleasant Paddle with Kayaker

I had an afternoon paddle today, meeting up with Dan Thaler, a kayaker I know. I meet him at Annsville Creek. He was on a gorgeous wooden kayak he had made himself. We chatted and I enjoyed thoroughly having some company for a change.

Dan has a workshop in his basement where he makes these kayaks. This is part of a basement business of his called Moonlight Marina. I wish I had those kinds of skills.

The two of us paddled around Fish Island, then headed back to Peekskill. As I disembarked, Dan took this picture:



Yet the story isn't over. This evening I was perusing the Peekskill NY in Pictures Facebook page and I saw someone had posted this picture with the caption “Only in Peekskill”:



Hilarious! That made my day! It's a funny string too, especially after I posted, “Hey, that me!” What's cool too is that I so rarely get pictures of me paddling because I'm usually alone. Today I got two from different sources.


Name:Track 019
Date:Apr 28, 2014 4:16 pm
Map:
(valid until Oct 25, 2014)
View on Map
Distance:4.20 miles
Elapsed Time:1:14:30
Avg Speed:3.4 mph
Max Speed:5.7 mph
Avg Pace:17' 45" per mile
Min Altitude:0 ft
Max Altitude:0 ft
Start Time:2014-04-28T20:16:04Z
Start Location:
Latitude:41º 17' 07" N
Longitude:73º 55' 55" W
End Location:
Latitude:41º 17' 08" N
Longitude:73º 55' 55" W

No comments:

Post a Comment