Friday, May 9, 2014

Foggy Paddle

I've got to get a grip on my GPSy app. I like the automatic sharing, but it's out of control.

It was one of my shorter paddles. (I guess I'm starting to sound like a nut when 4.64 miles is a short paddle.) I put in at the Peekskill Waterfront. There was a slight drizzle. I decided to eschew a jacket, figuring I would roast with it, and that was a good call. With the limited visibility I also planned to keep near shore. I big freighter did slide by as I was unpacking my board. It looked erie.


My usual workout is from the boat launch to Fleischman's Pier, Fish Island, then go back. It takes a little over an hour at a reasonable clip. I don't normally stop, but I had to in the middle of Peekskill Bay to take these ghostly pictures:




Lovely. There were more pictures to be taken, but that meant pulling my iPhone from its waterproof casing. Got to remember my waterproof camera.

I'd like to see that average speed get up to about 4 mph. I know I'm slower than with the fourteen footer, but I could do better. I'm still not giving it my all on the water. I can feel that. God, did I let myself go to seed last winter.

Name:Foggy Paddle
Date:May 9, 2014 4:59 pm
Map:
(valid until Nov 5, 2014)
View on Map
Distance:4.64 miles
Elapsed Time:1:14:20
Avg Speed:3.7 mph
Max Speed:4.7 mph
Avg Pace:16' 01" per mile
Min Altitude:0 ft
Max Altitude:0 ft
Start Time:2014-05-09T20:59:04Z
Start Location:
Latitude:41º 17' 05" N
Longitude:73º 55' 56" W
End Location:
Latitude:41º 17' 05" N
Longitude:73º 55' 56" W

No comments:

Post a Comment