Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Getting Ready

The conditions for tomorrow aren't awesome, but I'm going to do it anyway. This is what NOAA predicts:

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then scattered showers and thunderstorms between 9am and 3pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. South wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

As I said, this isn't great because I'll be paddling against the wind. However, there are tricks to be done that can make my life easier.

If I'm not in Cold Spring by 1:30 (about 18 miles downstream), then I'm hopelessly behind.

I'll be doing Facebook updates during the trip. I'll start updating early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment