Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Labor Day Early Morning

This is the first entry I've done with the new keyboard for my iPad Miini. I had tried out the Kensington keyboard but quickly hated it because I couldn't adjust the angle of the "screen", which is really the iPad which fit into a slot on the keyboard. This new keyboard is a sort or clamshell which the iPad fits into, and that works much bettter. It's like a mini laptop, which is cool. This can replace my laptop, as long at the damn people at Literature and Latte finally release Scrivener for IOS.

I feel sort of stupid writing about a session that happened yesterday because a lot of the impressions of the trip are lost. The morning was summery, and the water was about 63 degrees, s I deciided to ditchh the wetsuit. That was a good thing. I was sweating even in just my bathing sut and rash guard. if I had that 2.5 mm wetsuit on I would have been roasting. And I fell in: twice, which makes them falls number two annd three for the year. It's kind of silly to keep track of falls, but I just don't fall that often anymore, so they're noticable.

I fell in the really crazy parts of the river around Fish Island. For some reason, this is one of those places where the tide and current decide to do a crazy dance. Sometimes there are whirlpools, There are eddies and weird waves that come out of nowhere. It's nowhere near as bad a World's End, which is the curve of the river around West Point and Constitution Island, but the place is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment